Bernhard.Weichel@t-online.de Bernhard.Weichel
Fri Aug 8 14:44:12 CDT 2003

Hi,

I am again in the problem to safely handle contextual markup. Some
Wiki-Markup might be rendered e.g. as Table, Which must be opened and closed
appropriately. Beginning of June, we had ad discussion that PmWiki should
somehow the same problem.

Patrick R. Michaud wrote (29.6.2003):
> There's a chance.  I started to render paragraphs as <p>text</p>
> instead of using <p /> but ran into a few complications so I went
> with what "worked"
> to get the 0.5.0 release finished and figured I could revisit it
> later if needed.
>
> So, I'll have to take a look at it and see what I can do.

At this time I proposed, that PmWiki offers a "context stack" which allows
to keep track of opened HTML-elements and perform an automatic close of
those.

Perhaps it makes sense to bring in some sort of context stack.

e.g.

  pushContext("table1", "<table>", "</table>")
  pushContext("tr")
  pushContext("td")
  pushContext("p")

  closeContext("table1")

A Wiki page should always maintain a pushcontext / closeContext sequence.
This would
keep page inclusions safe.

This would help customizers to easy maintain more complex markup.

The discussion vanished end of June, now I am running into the problem
again.
I could implement it as Plugin. But then I must be sure, that PmWiki always
outputs
matching HTML-Tags.

And I do not really know how to add the pushcontext/closecontext sequence
for pages without additional markup.

--Bernhard