[pmwiki] Re: [Pmwiki-users] WikiDocRoot ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Aug 11 15:24:36 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:25:44PM +0200, Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
> I would like to raise one other issue here. I am running in fact
> three pmWikis on my server, accessible via subdomains.
>
> Obviously all three wikis use the same core installation, since
> all customizations are done in the local.php. But in order to make
> it work I install it three times. Would it be possible to use
> a shared installation?

Yes, this can be done in a variety of ways, and I know of several
sites that are doing multiple virtual hosts within a single pmwiki
installation.  I'll keep this in mind as I'm setting up the directory
structure, to simplify this type of installation as much as I can
(and provide some standard instructions about recommended installations).