[pmwiki] [Pmwiki-users] CVS features was: discussion on line breaks

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Wed Aug 13 08:57:04 CDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:19:40AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> Alert!  This page has a more recent submission than you just edited
> from.
> Would you like to:
> [] See the latest page in a new window?
> [] Merge your information into the new document automatically?
> [] Re-edit the page from the newest version? (this will lose your
> recent editing work)
> [] See your submission and the new data side-by-side in an editing
> window?

It seems to me that edit previews would help here. When someone is
editing a page that has been edited since they started their edit
session, the preview button could cause pmwiki to notice and incorporate
the changes into the preview with a message to that effect and a button
that allows the user to automatically incorporate those changes into the
document (either directly in the edit window or just save the document
that way and they have to edit it again to fix any conflicts). The Save
button could obviously do the same thing.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at cbi.tamucc.edu