[Pmwiki-users] Idea for syntax of linking to an anchor within a page

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Aug 16 10:26:43 CDT 2003

Hi

I was trying to create link to an anchor within the current page, and
eventually came up with these two solutions:

(1)	[[ThisPage:#Anchor link text]]
(2)	[[http:#Anchor link text]]

In (1), writing 'ThisPage:' seems redundant, this page should be implicit,
as it is in (2). Actually, I was a bit surprised that (2) worked.

Questions:
	- Is [[http:#Anchor ]] supposed to work?
	- If not, is it safe to use it? (or will it disappear in
	  future versions)

Otherwise I'd like to suggest that the anchor link could be written as:

	[[#Anchor link text]]

Spaces doesn't work as anchor names anyway (unless maybe we start adding
%20 or something?).

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44		http://www.md.kth.se/~chr