[Pmwiki-users] Idea for FastForward or Link-next of page trails

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Aug 16 12:55:04 CDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 08:31:37PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> So Opera probably looks for links containing the word 'next' in them, if
> it can't find "link-next" elements. I have no idea what a "link-next"
> element is though, which is what should be added to the HTML-output.

Perhaps Opera is referring to forward and reverse links defined in
HTML (but used by very few browsers)?  More details on these are at
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.3.1 .

If so, I think I may be able to patch this into the WikiTrails
implementation.  I've always been disappointed that browsers didn't
provide support for prev/next links--it's very nice to see Opera
heading in that direction.

Along a similar lines, for several months I have also had plans to add an
"automatic slide slow" feature for WikiTrails, so that pages
automatically forward to the next page in the trail after a certain
period of time.  :-)