[Pmwiki-users] Group/page descriptions

Christian Ridderström chr
Mon Aug 18 06:47:48 CDT 2003

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 08:28:57PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > Here's a suggested markup code:
> > * Defining the page description:
> > 	[[$PageDescription = <description>]]
>
> I'd prefer
>
>    =description <description>
> or
>    =desc <description>
>
> for describing the markup--it's a bit easier to parse and handle when
> the page is rendered.  This would also be similar to the =title markup
> that a few others are using to define longer titles, and it might allow
> the description to contain other double-bracketed items.

Allowing other [[]]-items is a good reason... I'd consider using
	=DESCRIPTION <description>
or
	=DESC <description>
instead, to make it stand out a bit more.

> > * Accessing the page description:
> > 	[[$PageDescription SomeGroup.PageName]]
>
> Another possibility would be [[description:SomeGroup.PageName]], which
> would be similar to the [[include:...]] syntax that is used for
> other items.

that I don't know the rationale behind having '$' in some markup - is it
because it corresponds to a variable in the php-code?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44		http://www.md.kth.se/~chr