[Pmwiki-users] Getting rid of pagename=... in the URL

Glenn Rice glenn_rice
Thu Dec 4 18:35:44 CST 2003

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Since your server API is "cgi", it probably means that the PHP
> configuration is not set up to handle PATH_INFO properly.
> With $EnableDiag=1, try a URL like
> http://my.site.com/index.php/Main/HomePage?action=phpinfo and see if
> "/Main/HomePage" appears in any of the server variables, if so, then
> we can make it so that the shorter URLs work--if it doesn't appear
> anywhere (or if you get a 404 Page Not Found error when
> http://my.site.com/index.php works) then you're pretty much stuck with
> the ?pagename= syntax.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, it looks like I'm stuck with
pagenames as I get the 404 Page Not Found error on anything but
index.php. Oh well.

I'll experiment more with Niall's suggestion re: using mod_rewrite and
see if I can get it working.

Thanks to everyone who came up with various suggestions & ideas.

Cheers,
Glenn