[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki rss problem

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Sun Dec 28 12:35:11 CST 2003

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 04:56:51AM +0100, Patrick Ogay wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm new to the pmwiki list.
>=20
> Recently I implemented the RSS feature and syndication from an other CM=
S=20
> (SPIP -
> http://www.basel-inside.ch/spip/resume.php3 "sur le Web") works perfect=
ly).
> I installed AmphetaDesk and now I have the following problem:
> AmphetaDesk could not determine the format of
> http://www.blug.ch/pm/wiki/Blug/RecentChanges?action=3Drss.
> This string did work:
> http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/RecentChanges?action=3Drss
> (I don't see a difference in structure...)

I don't think it's a structural difference at all.  When I try to load=20

http://www.blug.ch/pm/wiki/Blug/RecentChanges?action=3Drss

into Internet Explorer, I get this:

: The XML page cannot be displayed=20
: Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
: and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.=20
:=20
: -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
--
:=20
: An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing

Looking at the actual output, it appears that it's complaining about
the umlauted u in "merkw=FCrdigerweise"

> By the way: http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Main/AllRecentChanges?action=3D=
rss
> doesn't work at the moment  at all (28 Dez. 2003):
> ---------------------------------
> XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
> Location: http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Main/AllRecentChanges?action=3Dr=
ss
> Line Number 93, Column 34:          <description> HomePage &mdash;=20
> Homepage of
> this group
> ------------------------------------------------------------^&mdash

Interesting.  With IE, I get:

: The XML page cannot be displayed=20
: Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
: and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.=20
:=20
:=20
: -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
----
:=20
: Reference to undefined entity 'nbsp'. Error processing resource
: 'http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Main/AllRecentChanges?action=3Drss'. Line=
 28, Position 13=20
:=20
: pmwiki-mode&nbsp; &mdash; a mode for editing PmWiki-pages from...</desc=
ription>
=20
-Scott
--=20