[Pmwiki-users] Batch loading page contents

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Jan 29 17:58:43 CST 2003

Hi, I'm looking to see if anyone has a script that can take a text file =
and create a whole lot of PmWiki page files from it.

We have a very long M$ Word document that is going to be loaded into =
PmWiki. It is relatively easy to write a Word macro that wikifies the text,=
 sets page names etc and produces a plain text file. We can generate page =
names from the contents page and a glossary page.

What we'd then like to do is batch create a bunch of PmWiki page files. =
The wiki file format looks pretty straightforward. Is there either a =
formal specification of the file layout or (even better) a script that, =
given a page name and page text, can create valid PmWiki data files? All =
the pages will be in the same group. It seems to me that there ought to be =
a way of calling pmwiki.php itself to do this, but I'm not clear how.

Conceptually, I envisage a local customisation whereby I enter something =
like http://.../pmwiki.php?action=3Dbatchload into my browser and press =
return. In my innocence, this sounds as if it ought to be easy...

Are there any hooks or traps in doing this?
--
While I'm here, let me add my support for the idea of revision marks (=
inserts and deletes) on screen. In our case, we probaly wouldn't need the =
john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
www.affinity.co.nz