[Pmwiki-users] Embedded Comments

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 10 09:36:52 CDT 2003

I need opinions and suggestions from the group--I have at least three ways
in which I can implement a %comment% WikiStyle:
  (1) by placing the commented text inside of HTML <!-- ... --> comment markup,
  (2) by setting the CSS display property for the text to "none", which
      prevents the commented text from being displayed by the browser
  (3) by simply excluding the commented text from the HTML output entirely

I'm leaning towards #2, since WikiStyles have a natural affinity to
CSS, but want to know if others have opinions and suggestions on this.

Also, note that these aren't mutually exclusive--if any of the
above are adopted, it would be fairly simple for someone to customize
markup to use one of the other methods.

Comments (sorry, bad pun!) on this are greatly desired.

Pm