[Pmwiki-users] discussion on line breaks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jul 16 15:22:34 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:54:46PM -0500, John Feezell wrote:

> Also,  what about the possibility of something like:
> #[/
> || item_one||item_two||item_three ||
> ||item_four|| item_five || item_six||
>    The above table represents ....
>    and the ... for years ... and ...
>    using a base of .../]

Probably not.  I don't want to get into the issues of dealing with
arbitrary nested block elements--that sounds really nasty in PmWiki's
current markup engine.  Overall I wasn't intending [/.../] to be a generic
grouping operator--just for it to be an easy way of specifying multi-line
text, much like [=...=] does now but leaving link parsing and inline
formatting enabled.