[Pmwiki-users] discussion on line breaks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jul 16 16:15:15 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 10:02:32AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:

> This works for me. It preserves backward compatibility and consistency with other wikis. It invites the author to be explicit. However, I can see that a poetry author would prefer to write:
>
>   each line
>   as it comes to mind
>   without worrying about markup

Actually, it occurs in more than just poetry--I've run into several
situations with it.  For example, the PmWiki.QuickLinks box also has
the same problem--it has to specify a bunch of [[<<]] in order to
get each of the entries to appear on different lines.  Others are
running into similar problems when they want to create a list of
links in a side panel on a page somewhere but not use a bullet list
or definition list.