[Pmwiki-users] discussion on line breaks

fcecin@inf.ufrgs.br fcecin
Thu Jul 17 12:19:51 CDT 2003

I like this idea, but the other way around: paragraphs marked with "[]"
at the beginning ignore line breaks:

[]First
Second

Third
Fourth

Renders as:

FirstSecond

Third
Fourth

This is because on my current wiki, text is currently pasted from other
sources (emails, webpages) and this requires me to do a lot of hand
fixing, and I end up just making almost everything a bulleted list (* ) to
get the desired effect.

Also, in this way you get to do less scrolling in the page edit control
when you are editing (uses less space)

Maybe this is not the best approach for everyone, but having a single
local.php variable customization to toggle the default behavior would
be nice.

p.s.: Maybe a really nifty addition would be a page edit-box that displays
spaces as centered dots and line breaks as those mirrored-P weird
characters (like in MS Word) ? :-)

[]'s
Fabio