[Pmwiki-users] Re: Q: Meta tags in PmWiki pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jul 27 10:27:12 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 02:13:25AM -0500, John Feezell wrote:
> I'd be interested seeing comments on the following questions.
>
> Q: Is it possible to define metatags in PmWiki pages?  If so, how is it
> done?
>   If not currently possible, is there any workaround?

You mean the HTML <meta ...> tags?  Sure, it can be done--in local.php just
append the tags to the $HTMLHeaderFmt variable:

    $HTMLHeaderFmt .=
      "<meta name='description' content='The best site for meta tags' />

Note the use of ".=" instead of "=" above.  You can also do it by
converting $HTMLHeaderFmt into an array, as in:

    $HTMLHeaderFmt = array($HTMLHeaderFmt,
      "<meta name='description' content='The best site for meta tags' />",
      "<meta name='keywords' content='pmwiki, wiki, web site management' />");

This is sorta described in http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/PageLayout,
although I'm sure the documentation could be much improved.