[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki localization ?

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Wed Jul 30 11:50:25 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:41:05AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> So, it seems easier to me to just set PmWiki's configuration
> variables directly.  For example, last night Joris and I had a
> pretty good Nederlands translation running in less than an hour
> (http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/LanguageNl) and it's
> implemented as a fairly straightforward 89-line PHP file.  Converting
> PmWiki to Dutch is then as easy as adding include_once("local/lang-nl.php")
> at the beginning of local.php.

Excellent! As I said, mine were only possible suggestions, but they certainly
suffered from two flaws:

1) my poor knowledge of php
2) my poor knowledge of pmwiki's code

I may soon get better at both :-) But joking apart, if you manage to
provide the necessary "baskets", whatever they will be, many of us will
be willing to fill them up with the respective languages.

Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org