[Pmwiki-users] a plan to do diff/patch in PHP ?

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Thu Jul 31 15:12:06 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:52:22AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> My provider did the same thing, only they changed their policy without telling us. It was a while before we noticed that PageHistory had stopped working.
>
> Our solution was to copy the diff and patch utilities into a bin/ directory within the pmwiki/ directory, then set a path there with $SysDiffCmd and $SysPatchCmd in local.php.
>
> So while having pmwiki OS independent is a good goal, this approach allowed us to solve the immediate problem.

And resorting to external, time-honoured tools saves you a lot of extra
coding, bugs, headackes and re-invention of the wheel.

Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org