[Pmwiki-users] Valid XHTML generation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 5 00:31:48 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 08:44:25PM -0400, Kirill Lapshin wrote:
> Anyway, take a look on the test site, I posted few bug there. Basically
> there are two bugs. One is simple -- tables have unquoted attribute values.
> The other one is tricky -- multilevel lists and term-definition lists have
> mismatched tags.

I *may* have these both fixed now.  I had to re-do a substantial portion
of the block element formatting code but I think what I have will work.
It needs a lot of test cases.  http://www.pmichaud.com/work/xhtml/pmwiki.php

I'd also like opinions from others--anyone foresee any problems if I
put the XHTML changes into 0.5 release?  It does change the actual HTML tag
output a bit, but everything appears to render the same as before
(at least under IE 6).  My plan at this point is to do a bit more
testing, and then go ahead and release the xhtml changes as 0.5.beta2
so that others can download it and experiment with it on their own sites.