[Pmwiki-users] Page preview can now be implemented rather easy

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Jun 17 20:10:07 CDT 2003

However, this discussion does point out something I mentioned earlier,
which is that a preview version of a page probably won't look exactly=20
like the displayed page because some customized headers, footers,=20
GroupHeader, included pages, style sheets, etc. may not all be present
in the edit page output.  Anyone have any suggestions about the way
this *should* work?

Should the preview attempt to render $PageHeaderFmt, $PageFooterFmt, etc.,
and do all of the associated file includes, or should the preview
just output the page itself?

Pm

For me, the purpose of a preview is to show authors how those things they =
can control will appear, and make it easy and simple to 'get it right the =
first time'.

So I think preview needs to:
- display all body content, including any [[include: text
- list any directives (noheader, nogroupheader, etc) perhaps as an =
unordered list
- make it obvious that it's a preview (the script I made puts "Edit Group.P=
age" or "Preview Group.Page" as an <h1>)

I don't think preview has to:
- display the header
- display the group header
- display the group footer