[Pmwiki-users] printable-page

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Jun 19 15:45:23 CDT 2003

The other thing to do is include printable-page.php *after* you initialise =
$PageHeaderFmt and $PageFooterFmt, then the printable-page.php settings =
will take precedence. I have one set of headers and footers for normal =
browsing and a different set, in printable-page.php for ?action=3Dprint.=20

And you could put your local/ definitions of $PageHeaderFmt and $=
PageFooterFmt inside an:

  if ($action=3D=3D"browse") { ... }

Hope this helps, JR.
--=20
John Rankin
john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
www.affinity.co.nz/wiki

On Friday, 20 June 2003 1:51 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> =
wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 07:55:13AM +0100, Giles Williams wrote:
> I'm confused,
>=20
> Using printable-page.php, if there are settings for $PageHeaderFmt and=20
> $PageFooterFmt in /local they seem to override the standard=20
> printable-page settings when a page is referenced with action=3Dprint.
>=20
> How can I customise the $PageHeaderFmt and $PageFooterFmt so that I can=20
> choose what appears with action=3Dprint ?

In this case, instead of including the printable-page.php script directly,=20
the easiest thing to do is to copy printable-page.php into local/ and
modify it to set the page formatting variables to whatever you
want.  Printable-page.php is fairly short and straightforward in what
it does.