[Pmwiki-users] GroupHeader

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Wed Mar 5 09:31:24 CST 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Louis Katz wrote:

> I must be missing something simple. I keep trying to use a GroupHeader
> page to prepend some html to my pages. I suspect that what I am not
> doing is obvious to those with more programming experience and probably
> others also.
>
> Here are some questions/assumptions I have made.
> 1. The page I need to use for a group called New should be called
> New.GroupHeader .
> 2. It needs to be stored in the Wiki.d directory, not the Wikilib.d
> 3. It does not need the <? , ?> tags.
> 4. It does not necessarily need any html to show up.

Ah.  GroupHeaders are wiki pages, not HTML files.  If you want to create
a GroupHeader, just create a wiki page called New.GroupHeader and place
any (wiki) text that you want to have appear at the beginning of the pages
of the group in that file.

If you're wanting to embed true HTML, and not just things that can be
created via wiki, you need to do a custom header and set the PHP
PageHeaderFmt variable.
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/CustomHeadersAndFooters might describe
what you need to do (I just wrote this page last night so I don't know if
it's any good or not).