[Pmwiki-users] How big can PmWiki get?

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Thu Mar 6 15:29:38 CST 2003

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 10:13:27AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> What is the largest PmWiki site in number of pages?
>
> The encyclopedia is looking at perhaps 5000 pages for the prototype.

I think you're it (or will be). The other PmWiki sites that I know of
all have less than 500 pages with the exception of
http://www.sci.tamucc.edu/wiki which has about 1200 pages.

> When does search start slowing down, for example? Are there any limits
> we should be aware of?

I believe the search algorithm is very brute force and linear in the
number of pages.  But with Moore's Law working in your favor that may
be good enough.  :-)

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff