[Pmwiki-users] Announcement: pmwiki-0.4.0 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Fri Mar 7 01:16:47 CST 2003

I'm very pleased to announce that pmwiki-0.4.0 is now officially released.
Complete details of the improvements in pmwiki-0.4 are available via the
pmichaud.com web site and in the ReleaseNotes, but a brief summary of
0.4 improvements include:

   * support for FreeLinks
   * better configuration support for "standard" features (e.g.,
     WikiTrails, WikiStyles)
   * customizable Wiki link markup
   * significant improvements in documentation
   * addition of an EditQuickReference page to the bottom of the Edit Page
     form
   * addition of the "refcount.php" script to make it easier to find
     orphaned pages, links to non-existent pages, and heavily used pages.

Note that 0.4 is a fairly major revision; some care should be taken
to review the ReleaseNotes and have good backups available prior to
upgrading to the 0.4 release.  However, except for the changes in
location of a few PmWiki-distributed wiki pages, most sites should be
able to upgrade without noticing any impact on existing configurations.

As a development note, I plan to continue the "release early,
release often" philosophy of software development, and so I expect
there could easily be a number of frequent minor releases in the short-term
to address any bugs or minor modifications that may arise from this
release.

Finally, my sincerest and grateful thanks to everyone who has contributed so
much time and effort towards this latest version of PmWiki.  PmWiki has turned
out much better than I had imagined it would be, both compared to when I
first started the program, and when I decided to make the major changes
leading to this 0.4 release.

As always, if there are any questions or problems please email me or the
listserv and I'll address any issues as quickly as I can.