[Pmwiki-users] Feature Suggestion

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Fri Mar 7 17:47:59 CST 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Davis, James C. wrote:

> What if shortcuts are expanded when the page is saved and stored in
> regular WikiMarkup. This would allow the use of custom shortcuts
> when creating pages (or editing), but would not confuse others
> editing the page later.

Actually, I think this would be worse.  Besides introducing the idea of
"modifying page text upon save" into the system (which I've been
religiously avoiding up til now), it makes it possible for authors
to create markups that look clean when the page is first created but
look absolutely horrendous thereafter.