[Pmwiki-users] Free link questions

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Mar 17 18:25:42 CST 2003

I have some comments/questions on using free links in PmWiki 0.4.3 (which =
is just excellent)

1. In combination with [[...]]
I wonder if [[{{page |name}}link reference]] might reasonably be =
interpreted as equivalent to [[{{page name}} page link reference]] -- if =
the author has used either the | or suffix option inside [[...]] then just =
ignoring it seems a bit harsh.

2. - and | in combination
{{hyphenated-|page}}links doesn't seem to be allowed, whereas {{hyphenated|=
-page}}links is.

3. In combination with [[$Title]]
The structure of our encyclopedia uses 2 main groups, each with the same =
set of page titles. We had been using [[GroupB/[[$Title]] Group B]] in a =
GroupA/GroupHeader (and vice vesa). This no longer works. We can change it =
to [[GroupB/{{[[$Title]]}} Group B]] to achieve the same effect. Is there =
a different variable we should be using that works as intended with both =
WikiWords and {{free links}}? I imagine we would create a reference to [[$=
Tlink]].

Putting {{...}} around [[$Title]] seems a bit redundant...

4. Definitions of variables
If I have understood what's going on, for {{free links}}:
$Title and $Titlespaced are synonyms; $Title_ is the title with spaces =
replaced with the replace character. $Tlink is the same as {{$Title}}.
for WikiWords:
$Title and $Title_ and $Tlink are synonyms.

(I have tripped on $Tlink when using it in a local customisation to return =
the first paragraph of another page when that page doesn't exist. I have =
managed to have $Tlink come out as {{$Title_}} and as something else again.=
 This is administrator error, I think.)
--=20
John Rankin
Affinity Limited