[Pmwiki-users] Re: File permissions/ownership problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri May 9 13:27:54 CDT 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 01:06:58PM -0500, Janice Heinold wrote:
> Thanks for the info - I will try it this weekend!
>
> Perhaps this info would be a candidate for a section of the documentation on
> troubleshooting. I'm sure different people run into the same or similar
> problems - it would be great to share the causes and solutions.

Yes indeed!  I might also trap the write errors so that it gives
a more appropriate error message, along with a link to a page
on the pmichaud.com site that describes the problem and how to fix
it.

To see an example of one of the error-links, jump to
   http://www.pmichaud.com/example/pmwiki.php
and you can see the error message that results when pmwiki.php is
unable to create the wiki.d directory with appropriate permissions,
along with the link to explain the problem in more detail.