[Pmwiki-users] 2 free link questions

edward at aldreth.com edward at aldreth.com
Sat May 10 15:16:05 CDT 2003

----=_NextPart_000_000B_63A0B978.93114534

I have just installed PmWiki and am very impressed by it.

I'm hoping to use it for a group of fellow students on a teacher training course- so we can all swap useful websites, references to books etc.

Q1: I intend the home page to have links for sections for English, Maths, History etc.  These subjects would all be separate groups and thus have their own HomePage - so that each section could have a similar structure (to start with anyway).

To keep the links readable i was hoping to use free links with alternate text.  I am trying to have links to English/HomePage, MathsHomePage, History/HomePage and so on but don't know how to format this correctly.

Entering English/HomePage produces a link to the correct page, but it ust says HomePage, as Maths/HomePage all do.  To try and make the link say English, I put [[{{English/HomePage}} English]], I see [[{{HomePage}} English]] instead.

Does any one have any ideas if it is possible to do this?

Q2: At the bottom of the free links documentation page it says:  The administrator can configure non-existent free links to display as (alternate text)? for greater clarity.   How do I do this?

Many thanks.

Edward Andrews

----=_NextPart_000_000B_63A0B978.93114534--