[Pmwiki-users] Inline images

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun May 11 18:43:27 CDT 2003

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 05:26:01PM -0500, J.R. Manes wrote:

> Is there another way of inserting images into text besides just inserting
> the URL to the image?  I'd like to be able to have a border on some
> images, and have some images be clickable links... and I'm not sure what
> else.  But mainly being able to specify a border is what I'm after.

Images can be clickable links by using the double-brackets link notation,
as in

[[http://www.pmichaud.com/toast http://www.pmichaud.com/toast/ptart-1c.gif]]

which uses the ptart-1c.gif image as the target for a link to the toast
page.

PmWiki doesn't (yet) have a way to specify borders on images.  I find
that it's easiest to just manually add the border to the image using
Photoshop or some other package, and then you can make the border whatever
color you want, or even do things like rounded corners, etc.

If/when PmWiki allows image borders, it'll probably be as a WikiStyle.
It can be done as a local customization--I'll write it up a bit later.