[Pmwiki-users] Can't do $EnablePathInfo = 1 ????

Rich Schmidt rich
Tue Nov 4 21:58:05 CST 2003

OK, I'm doing a little more digging...

pmwiki.php contains the following line:

$EnablePathInfo = !preg_match("/^cgi/",php_sapi_name());

And when I run phpinfo() on my webhost, it lists, among other things,
"Server API: CGI".

If I'm reading both of those things correctly (and I might not be), it
sounds like I just won't be able to use "clean" URLs.

Is that right?  And if so, why?  :)

Thanks for any help,
Rich Schmidt