[Pmwiki-users] Restore doesn't work!

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Sun Nov 9 15:01:16 CST 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 09:22:12PM +0100, Ulf Morgenstern wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Somebody deleted the content of some pages in my wiki (0.5.24), so I tried
> to restore the former content. But when I click on "restore" the following
> error message appears:
>
> Warning: system,shell_exec,escapeshellcmd() has been disabled for security
> reasons in /home/www/web1134/html/settlerpedia/pmwiki.php on line 512
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
> started at /home/www/web1134/html/settlerpedia/pmwiki.php:512) in
> /home/www/web1134/html/settlerpedia/pmwiki.php on line 362
>
> The first part of the message sounds like the server configuration has been
> changed by my provider - is this correct? But what does the second part
> mean?

That's the way PHP reports about the error. The important part is the first
one, which probably means that your provider turned off the possibility
of calling external programs from PHP, thus preventing your Wiki from
running the "diff" and "patch" external executables, which are needed to
handle restores. You should check the mailing-list archives for a php-only
diff program that I think someone posted some time back.

Carlo
--
Per la libert? di Impresa: http://www.scriptaworks.com/swpat/
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org