[Pmwiki-users] line breaks

Lloyd D Budd lloyd
Fri Nov 21 09:10:38 CST 2003

Hi Patrick,

I have been reading through "The Wiki Way" and been evaluating a number
of wikis for two separate but related tasks: my web site and personal
knowledge management.  PMWiki is a leader in ease of ease, (core wiki)
functionality, and documentation.

What is making PMWiki completely inadequate for me is it not respecting
"line breaks".  I searched the site, downloaded the mailing list
archive, and read through the discussions, and realize that there is
concern over breaking backward compatibility.  The manner in which the
compatibility would break is not overt, and easily corrected through
scripting to modify the files.

There is strong sentiment that agrees with me, and your own sentiments
Peter, seem to suggest that this is something that you want to address.

Thank you,
Lloyd D Budd

PS. if this feature is committed to and implemented within 30 days, AND
I primarily use pmwiki for 6 months or longer, I will be donating 10$
CAN to the project.