[Pmwiki-users] Renaming groups

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Nov 27 14:45:36 CST 2003

Depends what you mean by reasonable.

One option would be to start with:

http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/PageRename

1. change the prompt so that it asks for a group name instead of a page name

2. borrow the code in trails.php that traverses a list of page names

3. start on group.RecentChanges and define an action=renamegroup

4. traverse the list of pages, check whether the page referred to still exists, and if so, rename it

Glossing over the implementation details, that should do it for you.

But this may be an unreasonable solution. You could always try IBM (it's better manually).
--
John Rankin
Affinity Limited
T 64 4 495 3737
F 64 4 473 7991
021 RANKIN
john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
www.affinity.co.nz

On Friday, 28 November 2003 1:38 AM, Robin Sheat <robin at kallisti.net.nz> wrote:
I have a group of pages, and I would like to rename the group. Is there
any reasonable way of doing this?

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663