[Pmwiki-users] Link on a image

Stéphane Métral stephane.metral
Sun Apr 4 16:33:17 CDT 2004

Thank you, merci beaucoup,

I could make it work
http://php.educanet2.ch/explo/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PageDeTest

But I still have 2 small questions,

1. I could not make it using the command "ThisSite", like you explained:
[[http://php.educanet2.ch/explo/pmwiki/uploads/Main/upload.pdf
ThisSite:/uploads/Main/pdf.png]])

The image won't appear, I had to give the full url of the image
[[http://php.educanet2.ch/explo/pmwiki/uploads/Main/upload.pdf
http://php.educanet2.ch/explo/pmwiki/uploads/Main/pdf.png]]

Or to use the "Attach" function, the simplest, in this case, seems to be  :
[[Attach:upload.pdf Attach:pdf.png]]

Why is ThisSite not functionning? Am I doing something wrong?

2. you have to  write after the image (pdf in your exemple page), if not the
image will be aligned to the right, is there another workaround?

Anyway the most important is that it works. Thanks again!
St?phane M?tral

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Eric Celeste [mailto:efc at umn.edu]
Envoy? : dimanche, 4. avril 2004 23:31
? : stephane.metral at edu.ge.ch
Cc : Pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
Objet : [Pmwiki-users] Link on a image

> I have a small question: is it possible to put a link on an image, to
> have a clickable image?

Try this...

   [[http://your.net/url/here ThisSite:/uploads/group/image.png]]

Make sure that the URL's and links actually make sense. You can see an
example at "http://wiki.lib.umn.edu/Sandbox".

The trouble I have is when I combine an image and some text. Once I do that,
the image stops appearing. So this does NOT work properly...

   [[http://your.net/url/here ThisSite:/uploads/group/image.png text]]

So if you want _both_ the image and the text to be linked, you may have to
create two separate links, one for each. Does anyone know why?

Have fun!
...Eric