[Pmwiki-users] Link on a image

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Apr 5 09:35:07 CDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 10:25:32AM -0500, Eric Celeste wrote:
> The need for a way to allow text instead of display of the image sounds
> reasonable. But it is confusing to have the behavior of PmWiki change on
> such subtle grounds. This felt more buggy than intentional to this new user!
>
> Can't one show the text ending in .gif/.jpg/.png by doing this...
>   [[http://your.net/url/here [=ThisSite:/uploads/group/image.png=]]]
> This has the advantage of not requiring extra text to force the change of
> behavior.

Oh, I suppose it could work that way.  The other reason it doesn't work
as you've just described is the algorithm that PmWiki currently uses to
process links/URLs in text doesn't lend itself to processing image
links in this manner (again, primarily because I hadn't considered this
possibility).

So, what you propose makes good sense, but probably won't make it into
PmWiki until a major release (e.g., 0.7).