[Pmwiki-users] Newbie question - how to set the "root" page ofa group

Steven Leite steven_leite
Thu Apr 8 23:39:15 CDT 2004

> The behavior that exists now is just the default behavior--it's
> possible to override/redefine it in config.php to do exactly
> what you want.  So, in config.php:
>
> > 1) Removing this automatic, quiet redirecting behavior (so that you get
> > an edit form when the page doesn't exist)
>
>     if (preg_match("/^($GroupNamePattern)[\\/.]$/",$pagename,$match)) {
>       $pagename = $match[1].'.'.$match[1];

I added the missing } at the end of this statement, and put it in my
config.php, but it still doesn't work.  When I click on a link that takes me
to a "GroupName", I'm re-directed to DefaultGroup/DefaultPage instead.

> > 2) or going to the $DefaultTitle directly (not looking for the same
> > group name)
>
>     if (preg_match("/^($GroupNamePattern)[\\/.]$/",$pagename,$match))
>       $pagename = $match[1].".$DefaultTitle";

This also didn't work for me.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

To test the both of the above, I'm clicking on the GroupName link on pages
in the Group that I have created (other than the DefaultPage which I
purposely didn't create in the Group).

Example:  In a group called "Test", I create a page called "MyTestPage".

So I'm viewing my page, and at the top, the title reads:  "Test /
MyTestPage".

If I click on the GroupLink ("Test"), then I should be re-directed to
either:
Test/Test, or Test/HomePage (neither of which exists).  So I want the edit
form to come up for either of those pages.  I'm not sure which one at this
moment, but any behaviour other than taking me back to "Main/HomePage" would
be desireable.

Thanks.

-S