[Pmwiki-users] Re: simultaneous edit corruption?

Konstantin Zadorozhny kzadorozhny
Fri Apr 9 00:48:38 CDT 2004

Hello, Nils!
You wrote  on Thu, 08 Apr 2004 09:53:35 +0200:

 NK> Well, as I see it, the changes will still be available in the Page
 NK> History. I don't think simply
 NK> aborting is a good idea. What might be a good idea is, to notify the
 NK> second user that there had changes been
 NK> made to the page that he just saved (assuming that it's easy to find
 NK> that out, but I think with some cookies&
 NK> timestamps...)
 NK> We could tell this user to go to the Page History and see if anything
 NK> has been corrupted.

    Why dont do that the way CVS "kind of" solves that problem? On page
submit try to merge two versions of page. If any conflicts happend don't
update database and let the submitter to resolve them. Then user can repeat
to submit page again. That is pretty simple and well known approach for me.

With best regards, Konstantin Zadorozhny.  E-mail: kzadorozhny at hotmail.com