[Pmwiki-users] Re: simultaneous edit corruption?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Apr 9 09:14:43 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 09:02:25AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 12:48:07AM -0700, Konstantin Zadorozhny wrote:
> >     Why dont do that the way CVS "kind of" solves that problem? On page
> > submit try to merge two versions of page. If any conflicts happend don't
> > update database and let the submitter to resolve them. Then user can repeat
> > to submit page again. That is pretty simple and well known approach for me.
>
> Simple?  What's the algorithm for performing the merge and finding
> the conflicts?  I'll be happy to implement it if it's indeed a "simple"
> algorithm.

Never mind, I'll just write it to use diff3 (an external program commonly
available on most unix systems) and be done with it.  I'll also update
the WinDiff distribution to include the diff3.exe program.  :-)

Out of curiosity, how many Windows installations are using the WinDiff
package I put together and have it working well for them?