[Pmwiki-users] Brainstorm (Page Locks)

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Tue Apr 13 13:14:55 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 08:14:22PM +0200, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
> What happens, if there are more then two users editing the page? I don't
> know how likely that is. But does diff3 still work then? What does diff3
> actually do? How does it compare the files?
> Are there any pages that describe the algorithm?

You should only have to worry about the case of two users since it only
matters when they save. Presumably if there are 3 users editing the same
page and 2 of them get the "this page has changed while you were
editing" message, the third one to save will get that message again
after the second user saves his changes.

Of course, we should put a prominent notice on the page the second time,
otherwise they'll think "hey, I just went through this, why didn't it
save my changes?" and just save againt without reviewing the changes.
But that may happen infrequent enough that it wouldn't matter if they
did just blindly save.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff