[Pmwiki-users] Unicode problem again.(German, Chinese)

Chen, Teng chent
Tue Apr 13 14:40:53 CDT 2004

Hello,

I just want to build a simple personal cookbook with Pmwiki.

It needs to be displayed in German and Chinese(also in Edit Form).

After reading some online topics I try to write something like
pmwiki-0.6.15, line94) and write  $Newline = "\376"; in my local/config.php

I got some Problem

German:

Fr¨¹hlingszwiebeln

Fr¨¹/span>??hlingszwiebeln

Chinese: (maybe can not be right displayed in your non-CHN mail, but it¡¯s
similar as the problem in German)

½ðÕë¹½£¬¼Ó¸Ç

½ðÕë¹½£Üspan class='createlink'>?„Â/span>? <http://127.0.0.1/pmwiki2/pmwiki.
php/Main/?ÊÆaction=edit> ?¸Ç

But both shows right, when I test them in
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWikiZhCn/WikiSandbox

What did I missed?

Btw. My System: win2000 pro +TSW [The Saint WAMP]

regards

Teng