[Pmwiki-users] Unicode problem again.(German, Chinese)

Chen, Teng chent
Thu Apr 15 08:30:41 CDT 2004

Hello Pm,

Thanks for your time!=20
I 'm sorry that  my question maybe not clear.
I want a page that can contains English,Chinese and German.
Even so I've tried your advices ,but the same problem still remains.=20

Test areas(in Unix):
DE:(no, no, it can not chinese)
http://home.in.tum.de/~chent/html-data/pmwikide/pmwiki.php?pagename=3DMai=
n.Tes
CHN:
http://home.in.tum.de/~chent/html-data/pmwikizhcn/pmwiki.php?pagename=3DM=
ain.T
est
My "utf-8"(without i18n):
http://home.in.tum.de/~chent/html-data/pmwikiutf8/pmwiki.php?pagename=3DM=
ain.T
est
Something Interesting: Chinese shows better in there then in my PC with =
then
same folder.
My "utf-8"(in my PC)=20
http://home.in.tum.de/~chent/html-data/images/pmwikiWin2k.jpg

Pmwiki Chinese(utf-8) Page: !!!It shows all right here, just what I =
want.
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWikiZhCn/WikiSandbox

It seems like that something wrong with the LinkText-aware.
f.ex. "Fr=A8=B9hlingszwiebeln"
With "prevent formatting" it's ok and if it begins with small, it shows =
all
right.

I m not good with en/decoding, The solution is near but I don't know how
long it takes until I find it out.

Teng

-----=D3=CA=BC=FE=D4=AD=BC=FE-----
=B7=A2=BC=FE=C8=CB: Patrick R. Michaud [mailto:pmichaud at pobox.com]=20
=B7=A2=CB=CD=CA=B1=BC=E4: Mittwoch, 14. April 2004 16:50
=CA=D5=BC=FE=C8=CB: Chen, Teng
=B3=AD=CB=CD: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
=D6=F7=CC=E2: Re: [Pmwiki-users] Unicode problem again.(German, Chinese)

If you're wanting to do pages in Chinese, simply download the latest=20
i18n.tgz file from http://www.pmichaud.com/pub/pmwiki/i18n.tgz, unpack=20
the file into your pmwiki directory, then add the line

   XLPage('zh','PmWikiZhCn.XLPage');

to your local/config.php.  This will take care of all settings for =
Chinese
language modification, including the charset parameter, $Newline, etc.,=20
without having to make any modifications to the pmwiki.php file.

For German one simply does  XLPage('de','PmWikiDe.XLPage');  instead.

Pm
  =20