[Pmwiki-users] [[include: ... ]] part of a page

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Apr 18 18:41:33 CDT 2004

On Saturday, 17 April 2004 5:23 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>Also, I'm concerned that this feature could result in a large number of
>surprises and unexpected/unwanted behaviors--if the target (included)
>page has markups like:
>
>    !!![[#anchor1]] Heading 1
>    * Bullet
>    * [[#anchor2]] Bullet 2
>    * Bullet
>    Here is a paragraph [[#anchor3]] with some text in it
>
>then the included text becomes a bit bizarre when included --
>
>in which Heading 1 is now monospaced (not a heading) and there's
>an extra bullet.  Perhaps the semantics should include/exclude the
>entire markup line containing the anchor(s), as opposed to the text
>immediately/following the anchor.

The [[para:PgName#anchor]] markup looks for [[#anchor]](\n)?(.*?)\n
to try to deal sensibly with this.

Is it too restrictive to require anchor1 to be at the start of a line
and anchor2 to be at the end of a line? A more forgiving syntax could
then treat anchor1 as if it were at the start of the line and anchor2
as if it were at the end.

--
JR