[Pmwiki-users] Problem Solved (File Permissions, .flock, Unix installation)

Steven Leite steven_leite
Mon Apr 19 11:56:48 CDT 2004

I had been running PmWiki fine on my Win32 box, and decided to try and
migrate my site to a unix box.  I had nightmares.  Nothing worked, file
permissions were a big problem.  PmWiki couldn't get the .flock file
permissions, etc etc etc.

After two weeks, I (think) I found a fix.  I'm not sure if this will work
for anybody else, but on the off chance it does, I hope this helps.  Here's
the solution:

Delete the .flock file.

That's it.

If you upload an existing site (including the .htaccess, .flock, etc), it
get's the same permissions as the user that uploaded it.  PmWiki can't get a
handle on it.  If you delete the .flock file outright, then run PmWiki ..
PmWiki will just create a new .flock file (with it's own permissions).

Well, I hope that helps at least one person.  It will make my two weeks of
hell mean something :)

Cheers,

-S