[Pmwiki-users] mail post per page

Greg Morgan Cybie
Fri Apr 23 17:39:00 CDT 2004

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 09:48:35AM +0200, Thomas N. Burg wrote:
>

>>I'm still not able to get this working.
>>Mailposts is enabled in the config.php ($EnableMailPosts=1;  )
>>I created a page.php in the local folder with the email-addresss
>>($MailPostsTo=")
>>
>>But it doesn't sen emails.
>>
>>And: The last mail (from $MailPostTo in the config.php) I got with all
>>recent changes took 4 days to be sent being set to 2 hours
>>
>>Is there something wrong in my setup?
>>

>Hmm, yes and no.  This is probably a place where I need to to rethink the
>design of mailposts a bit.  Since you have mailposts.php set as a
>per-page customization, it's only active when that page is being viewed
>or modified.  So, the mail with the changes probably took 4 days to send
>because it was that long until someone viewed the page that had mailposts
>enabled.  Normally mailposts is enabled/disabled site-wide, in which
>case viewing of any page on the wiki can cause the email to be sent.
>Mailposts wasn't really designed to allow page-level control of notifications.
>
>Anyway, I'll run it around in my head for a while and see what
>I can come up with.
>
>Pm

As I understand it, executes two basic steps: 1> It checks for
$action='post' and if true adds the page name to the queue..  2> Checks
that the queue has data to send and that a reasonable amount of time has
passed from the last time it send an email, if so it sends what's in the
queue.
What you might want to do is to put step 2 in a separate script so it
could be run as a cron job.

Also, as a temporary fix for Thomas, one could set up a cron job that
uses wget to go to the wiki at regular intervals, thus triggering step 2.