[Pmwiki-users] Re: Local copy of cookbook?

Chris Lott chris
Fri Apr 30 14:27:48 CDT 2004

Lloyd Budd wrote:

>>> It would be cool, though, to be able to easily replicate wiki contents
>>> from one to another (I know about Interwiki links, but I am thinking
>>> along the lines of a kind of synchronization)...
>>

>> How about using scp or rsync?  You basically just need to copy the
>> files from one wiki.d to another, and then get the permissions fixed.
>

> Oh , I thought the context was not only having http access to
> the pages and wiki that you were interested in.

I'd probably use rsync in between my own wikis, but I was thinking about
a mechanism to share a section/web/branch between, say, your wiki and
mine using HTTP. Perhaps putting an action "pack" on the URL would pack
the whole group into a compressed archive? Something along those lines...