[Pmwiki-users] help! saving page = *poof* page gone

Ciaran ciaranj
Mon Aug 2 13:46:46 CDT 2004

The *exact* same thing was happening with my server the other week,
It'd had run out of scratch space on the drive, nightmare!  Check your
server has some space left.  PM assures me this isn't possible, but
thats two people now ! <g> .  Must be something specific about our
setup!
-= Ciaran

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:32:45 -0300, F?bio Reis Cecin
<frcecin at terra.com.br> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Something weird is happening with my PmWiki (pmwiki-0.4.23... sorry --
> I'm trying to upgrade as I type this :-).
>
> A user of my wiki had complained that the page he saved had disappeared.
> I checked it and indeed the page was blank and the actual file on disk
> for the page showed to be 0 bytes in size (so the page history was lost
> as well).
>
> I rebuilt the page from scratch and saved.
>
> After that, I got a few "no space left on the device" while copying some
> files to the server with my SSH account through WinSCP (I'm a linux n00b
> so please bear with me). I deleted some files to "make room" and it
> seemed to work.
>
> Not long after that, I was editing pages. I edited one page, clicked on
> "save", and the page was gone! Lost history, 0-byte file for the page,
> same thing.
>
> I panic, and start typing this e-mail!
>
> What is the most likely cause of this? Maybe a quota exceeded or
> something? Probably this isn't PmWiki's direct fault, but I need to know
> what's happening.
>
> I just edited another page, but it worked now. Weird! Help!! :-)
>
> []s
> Fabio
>
> --

- Ciaran