[Pmwiki-users] help! saving page = *poof* page gone

Kass Lloyd kasslloyd
Tue Aug 3 21:55:38 CDT 2004

On alot of unix systems the partitions are setup to have a seperate
partition for the /tmp directory. .. This problem does definitely
sound like a hard drive is full error. Pm shouldn't ever erase a
file.. :-\

What should probably be done is to rename the old data file then try
to write the new one, then do a sanity check to see if the new file is
ok. If it is then the renamed old file could be deleted. This is a
very logical and simple solution to a hard disk getting full.

For the new pmwiki2 development, I think we should packaged with
PmWiki a MySQL storage option for the data files. MySQL databases are
much less prone to looseing data if the disk is full...