[Pmwiki-users] Upload process failing

Michael Barton mgb
Wed Aug 4 15:16:01 CDT 2004

I'm trying to upload files into my PmWiki (1.0.6).  I'm using Internet
Explorer on a W2K system - PmWiki is running under Apache 2.0 on a Linux
system.

Generally, the upload process works fine.  However, there are certain
documents that, when I attempt to upload them, I get dropped into the
'Cannot find server - The page cannot be displayed' error page instead of
seeing the 'successfully uploaded' page.

For example, I have configured UploadMaxSize in upload.php to 2500000.  I
have a PDF file named atsc_standards_54.pdf, whose size is 572K.  I can
select the file using the 'Browse...' button.  I enter 'atsc.pdf' into the
'name' filed, then hit 'Upload'.  The browser goes directly to 'The page
cannot be displayed'.  If I browse to a different file 'ChefVal.doc', and
use 'atsc.pdf' as file name, the upload goes fine.  I can upload other PDF
files.

Is this a PmWiki or an Apache problem?  Is there a way to find out what's
going wrong?

Thanks!
Michael

---