[Pmwiki-users] Imagemaps?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Aug 19 07:00:47 CDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 06:36:02PM -0700, Chad Lupkes wrote:

>    Is  there  any way to get pmwiki to encode imagemaps?  I would like to
>    transfer some of my researched information onto the wiki portion of my
>    site,  but  several  of  the  pages  consist  of image maps that don't
>    translate well without that functionality.

As with many things wiki, the challenge to adding new functionality is
to come up with a suitable markup that can enable it.  One can always
say "well, let's just let authors write the HTML directly", but that
also ends up limiting your potential base of authors (which may or may
not be appropriate depending on the needs of the site).

For ideas about markups, see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChoosingGoodMarkup.