[Pmwiki-users] Maybe a pmwiki bug?

Alexandre Courbot Alexandre.Courbot
Tue Aug 24 02:03:16 CDT 2004

> Thus far in PmWiki 2 I've been thinking to eliminate the automatic
> float-left/right of images from the markup so that floating images would
> have to be explicitly tagged as such...any comments or suggestions about
> this?

I find the feature a little bit disturbing, because you don't really
know when it will align and when it will not.

As an exemple, look at: http://www.lifl.fr/RD2P/JITS/JITS/Publications

As you can see the PDF image is within the rest of the text. The code to
display it is just a [ [[Attach:file.pdf]] Attach:pdf.png ] Now the same
code, but in a different context:

http://www.lifl.fr/RD2P/JITS/JITS/JitsBib#Rippert2004

Here, and I can't understand why or fix that behavior, the image is
right-aligned. Duh. But the PmWiki line is exactly the same as the
former (excepted a few links that are disabled, but with the links
enabled the result is the same).

So, just my two cents on the question, but if one wants to align an
image, he can specify it as well - that way we would only have what we ask.

Any idea why I get this? :)

Alex.
PS: the pages you see are generated by a Bibtex module I wrote for
PmWiki. Still have a few things to fix, but I'll put it into the
CookBook soon.