[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki behaving like a blog

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Thu Aug 26 22:50:01 CDT 2004

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:33:51 -0500, Kevin Koym <kkoym at praxsys.com> wrote:

> for what it is worth, one of the non-php wiki's that i have seen that is
> (in my opinion) a category killer for this blog/wiki functionality is
> http://www.snipsnap.org... in case someone builds this functionality for
> pmwiki, this tool is definitely one to take a peak at for ideas.
>
> That being said, I have three pmwiki installations...
>
> I do like, though, some of the blogging functionality that SnipSnap has.

I too really really want a bliki (blog+wiki) application.

Stuff PmWiki already does that I'd really like in a blog tool:
-easy markup
-easy linking in-site and to sister sites
-version history
-easy templating

Stuff PmWiki doesn't do yet:
-archives by month and by category (use automated wikitrails, and the
includepara recipe for teasers?)
-categories (maybe use wikifarms or hierarchical groups, or a keyword
listing?)

I wish I knew how hard it would be to do this.

Bronwyn