[Pmwiki-users] PHP 5.0: sessionauth.php broken

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Aug 27 06:03:29 CDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 01:23:18AM +0200, Hochstrasser Benedikt wrote:
> I just installed pmwiki on a php 5.0x system. Looks as if the new php
> version is pickier re certain coding <cough> flaws.
>
> The offending line in sessionauth.php was
>   foreach(array_merge($DefaultPasswords['admin'], $passwd) as $pw)
> and after I changed it to
>   foreach(array_merge((array)$DefaultPasswords['admin'],(array)$passwd)
>     as $pw)
> it worked just fine.

Thanks, fix applied and will be released in the next version.  I've been
slowly getting array casts added to all of the appropriate places but
missed sessionauth.php (PHP 4 didn't require them).

> One question: is there a cheap way to make the page lookup
> case-insensitive? I know that "Main.IndexPage" is different from
> "Main.IndExpage", but sometimes it's annoying to get a page error for a
> typo.

In PmWiki 1 I don't think there's an easy way to do it, but
there is/will be in PmWiki 2.